Over and over again I tell my friends ‘next month will be quieter’, and it never is. Life feels like it’s barreling by right now, no rest for the wicked and all that…
- The weather has been perfect for lots of beachfront cycles recently. In the summer months you aren’t allowed to cycle on the promenade during the daytime, so it has prompted a few early morning and late evening cycles. There’s something so peaceful about cycling along the quiet beach before or after the chaos descends. I’m finding it really calming! This weeks cycles have included one to meet my mum for a morning coffee with the dogs, which was such a treat.
- I finally found a morning moisturiser that doesn’t clog my pores. My skin has been crying out for extra hydration but so many moisturisers just break me out. I’ve been slathering on the Avene Tolerance Balm before makeup and my skin LOVES it, juicy, plump, happy skin.
- I finished my #walk100miles challenge to raise money for Cancer Research UK! It was definitely a struggle to get the last 15 miles in but I’m so proud of myself for doing it. It’s definitely proved that I can do more with my body than I think, and that gentle movement is still positive movement! My Just Giving Page is still live if you want to read more about it.
- I seem to be on a streak of excellent books right now, I just finished Adalyn Grace’s upcoming release Belladonna and it was excellent. Think gothic regency romance, ghosts, a mystery to solve and a morally grey love interest. Loved it.
- We had a girls night for the first time since the pandemic and I can’t tell you how needed it was. We drank cocktails, ate dinner together and caught up on life in the garden under festoon lights and blankets. This is a reminder to book in time to chill with your pals.
- I’ve been sharing content over on the Hunting for Autumn instagram again and it’s been so much fun. I love that there’s a community of happy autumn lovers as excited over pumpkin things as me!
- I bought a pair of yoga shorts in the Sweaty Betty sale and I’m basically living in them on workout days right now! The length is perfect for hot days, but not so short you’re going to squat a butt cheek out. Perfection.
What’s been good with you this week?