When Sunday rolls around it’s normally a day devoted to long walks in the park, coffee dates and prepping for the week ahead. I normally have a little list of chores to tackle, and this week I’m making it all beauty themed!
- Clear out. There’s no time like the present to clear out the makeup stash of anything expired, unused or unloved. A pre-Christmas clear out is definitely in order for me this weekend, I’m going for the ruthless approach – you can see my tips for a good clear out here.
- Clean up. Post clear out, go in for a good cleaning, antibac wipes at the ready for storage, acrylic is a fingerprint hoarder!
- Wash brushes. A task I’m always putting off. I like to use my Tea Tree Dr Bronners Magic Soap for a good deep clean. This is always a job that takes a good hour so Netflix on!
- A beauty rejigg. Have a good sort out, and pull out products that deserve a bit more love, and break out of your beauty comfort zone. I’m terrible for reaching for the same products every day, so a good move around helps every now and then.
- Make a wishlist. And if the products are still on there at the end of the month, treat yo’self.
- Get inspired. Head to Pinterest for some beauty inspiration (and check out my beauty board while you’re at it).
- Paint your nails. I hate painting my nails, I can’t sit still long enough to not smudge them. I’ve got a beautiful Rimmel polish calling my name though, so it will be done today!
- Deep condition. Because your ends deserve a little TLC.
- Moisturise. Because your skin does too.
- Play! Experiment with a neon eyeshadow, try out a graphic liner, or practice your contour skills. Don’t forget that makeup can be fun!
What’s on your beauty to do list?