Can you guys believe we are now at the end of April? I feel like the month has just flow past and I honestly couldn’t tell you what I’ve achieved, it’s been a weird few weeks!
This week has been kinda crappy since I’ve had the worst cold I’ve had in forever. Typically, I managed to go all winter without getting a cold, and as soon as the weather warms up, I get knocked for six. I’m pretty sure it was a combination of finally finishing my magazine, and the all nighter I had last Sunday, where I didn’t go to bed until 10am cause I was getting work done. I pretty much spent all of the week in bed catching up on sleep and blowing my nose. Oh how lovely. I was particularly gutted that I had to cancel a spa day I had planned for Saturday! I’m hoping to be able to reschedule, but that was a pretty sad moment!
Other than that, I’ve enjoyed spending my sick days with The Boyfriend since he finally handed in his main project on Monday. We’ve hardly spent any time together over the last couple of months, so it’s been nice to catch up on some lazy time together!
Let’s talk about happy things!
- Picking up a box of Krispy Kremes with The Boy to celebrate me finishing my magazine and him handing in. They were delicious and I have no regrets about the exorbitant calorie intake.
- Finally getting a chance to catch up on Game of Thrones. We were a WHOLE SEASON behind and it was so painful.
- Finally getting my mitts on the Kikki K planner I’ve been lusting after for months. I didn’t want to pay the awful import fees you get when buying direct from the site, so when a friend of mine was selling hers in mint condition, I jumped at the chance! It’s so pretty, expect to see 1001 instagrams of it.
- A cheeky Ikea Meatball dinner with Con midweek. You can’t beat them.
- I could literally buy every postcard in Paperchase. They’re all amazing. I managed to leave with just two but I wanted every last one.
- Is it just me, or do tomatoes taste SO good right now?! I’ve been eating them all chopped up for lunch with a drizzle of oil, fresh garlic and onions, and a little Himalayan Salt. Delicious.
- A Friday morning breakfast meeting at Trade in east London. I had a giant chunk of lemon and poppyseed cake, and a big pot of fresh mint tea. There’s very little in this world better than fresh mint tea.
- My parents are staying near London this weekend and we spent a lot of yesterday out exploring London. We visited Borough Market where I picked up my favourite Donut in the world (the Bread Ahead Vanilla Cream) and drooled over the fresh fruit and veg, before taking a stroll along the river. We ended up in Covent Garden, having a late lunch at the little sister restaurant of the infamous Ivy, The Ivy Market Grill. It was so lovely to have a relaxed lunch, a bottle of wine and delicious food with my parents!
I’m aware that a lot of this week’s happy things are food related. What can I say, it’s been a slow week.
Have a great week! x