Happy September folks! I don’t know about you but I’m so excited about the arrival of autumn! Autumn is my favourite season of them all, and I have a fall to do list as long as my shopping list. I can’t wait for the weather to get colder, and to be able to pull out my autumn wardrobe!
- Drink a Pumpkin Spice Latte! It’s that time of the year again and love them or hate them (they do seem to be a marmite kind of drink don’t they) Pumpkin Spice Lattes are back! I for one am also hoping that they bring back the pretty autumn cups, and the mulled spice drinks from last year!
- Have an autumnal picnic in the forest! I’m thinking hot jacket potatoes topped with steaming chilli, flasks filled with spicy chai lattes, and a big bar of chocolate & some fresh apples for dessert. Add some cosy blankets and your favourite book to the basket and you’ve got a perfect September afternoon.
- Burn Pumpkin candles. I’ve got a stash of Bath and Bodyworks autumnal candles just begging to be burnt! Some of my favourites include Heirloom Pumpkin, Praline Pecan Cobbler & Leaves.
- Try a new recipe with Cinnamon: I’m thinking some kind of cake with a sugar cinnamon crust? Baking with cinnamon is the best, because the scent just fills the whole house!
- Go for a walk on the first cold clear morning of the season. You know the one I mean, where the skies are clear and blue, but there’s a definite chill to the air that wasn’t there yesterday. Go for a walk and soak up the atmosphere.
- Visit a farmers market. Buy fresh apples, a joint for your Sunday roast, and some cakes to consume with a hot cup of tea before bed.
- Build a fort. Invite in your best friend, your boyfriend or your sister. Watch movies, eat marshmallows and snuggle up with fairy lights around you.
- Find a cafe to eat croissants and people watch. Sit outside if you can, order a large cup of your favourite hot drink and a fresh flaky pastry. Put away your phone and just watch the world go by.