Happy Sunday my dears. I’m going to start this post with the ultimate cliché, can you believe it’s August?! I’m not entirely sure where the time has gone but my I do feel old.
This week has been a good one, if a little slow, and let’s be honest, not as exciting as last week! I’ve been getting back into the groove of normal day to day life, with exciting to dos like packing, fixing blog problems and puppy chauffeuring. Oh so wild.
1. My little sister finally passed her driving test on Monday, we celebrated by going out for lunch, and then taking a few cars out for a test drive! I can’t believe how grown up she is now!
2. Making the most of early mornings. I’m normally not a morning person, but this week I’ve been on it. I spent 6.30-9am on Monday morning editing a ton of photos. Totally unheard of, but I felt so good having gotten it out of the way, and it meant I was able to sneak an hour or so in the afternoon with my book!
3. The pouring rain on Monday afternoon. I freaking love rain, especially when I’m snuggled up with a blanket and a cup of tea.
4. Taking the dogs to their weekly hydrotherapy appointment. There’s nothing cuter that puppies swimming.
5. Finally getting around to making baked eggs! I kind of improvised and it was 50% sweet potato hash and 50% mexican baked eggs and it was amazing.
6. Early morning puppy walking! Finn had a 9am groomers appointment across town so we got there early to avoid rush hour, and went for a stroll. The sun was shining and there was no one else around, it was just blissful.
7. Sneaking out in the evening with Con to go for a stroll along the beach. We parked up at Highcliffe Castle (beautiful) and walked along the sand towards Mudeford. It was nice to get out of the house after being in working all day!
8. I went to Ikea with my mama and she picked me up these pretty little candles for my room. I love the cute patterns, and they smell delish too.
9. Con and I had the house to ourselves for the night, so obviously that meant a bottle of wine, and blaring 90’s tunes from the Sonos. We had a sing a long to classics like No Scrubs, Genie in a Bottle, and Breathe. Classics.
10. Making the most of the Saturday morning sunshine, The Boy and I headed out to Brockenhurst, where we went to college, bought lunch from our favourite spot, and sat out in the forest and chilled. We led out on the blanket eating the best lunch meal deal from the Bakery, watching the clouds and horses, and enjoying the sun. I did have to fight some horses to get back into my car though, the pros of forest life!