I had hoped to have my April To Do List post up much earlier in the week, but a killer migraine struck me down Tuesday night and rendered me essentially useless for forty eight hours, so I’ve been playing catch up since. I didn’t want to miss this post all together though, they’re one of my favourites to put together + look back on! April is set to be a big month for Con and I, it’s looking like the renovations on our new place will be done in a couple of weeks time, so we’ll hopefully be moving in this month! I’ve been busying myself picking out tiles + planning kitchens, but now I get to move on to the really fun stuff, like buying cushions and coffee tables! Still hoping to sneak in a few other things this month though, so without any further ado, here’s a list of happy little tasks to add to your to do list this month.
- Get baking! We’re having a tea party tomorrow to celebrate my little sister’s twenty-first birthday, and I’m going to make mini pancake skewers, which I’m so excited about! I also think this needs to finally be the year I make Creme Egg Brownies, I’m always eyeballing Helen’s recipe with heart eyes.
- Visit the farm shop. We had our first barbecue of the year on Mother’s Day and my passion for grilled meat has reawakened itself. We have a gorgeous local farm shop that stocks delicious cheeses, meats + fruit and veg, and I’m excited to stock our new kitchen up with fresh + tasty treats.
- Walk in the rain. Last year Con and I went for a forest walk on a rainy, dismal Sunday, and it was so much fun! You know what they say about April showers bringing May flowers…get your wet weather gear on and get outside.
- Order myself a fresh bunch of blooms from Bloom and Wild. My gal Tami kindly sent me some fresh flowers from Bloom and Wild back in February, and despite having sent them myself a bunch of times, it was the first time I’d ever received any! I fell head over heels for their gorgeous bouquets + how long they last, so I’m excited to treat myself to a bunch when we move into our new place.
- Get Spring cleaning. With an imminent move on the horizon, I’m desperate to sort out, get rid, and Marie Kondo my possessions. Nothing like a big life change to inspire you to clear out the stuff you don’t need any more. Perhaps there’ll be a blog sale on the horizon? Watch this space!
- Make the perfect Spring salad. I’m craving salads + veggies right now, and picturing a big ol’ bowl full of quinoa, avocado, roasted asparagus with a drizzle of chilli oil, grilled chicken breasts + lots of leafy greens!
- Take photos in a gorgeous English Country Garden. I’m hoping for a sunny Sunday to visit Arundel Castle, it’s been on my to visit list for the longest time, and these bright April days seem like the perfect opportunity.
- Refresh my swimwear wardrobe. I’ve got the same ratty bikini collection I’ve had since I was sixteen, and with a trip to Portugal on the cards for June, I’m thinking it’s time to treat myself to something new. Whilst I don’t think my budget will stretch to the Seafolly Swimsuit of my dreams, I’m quite fond of this ASOS Mermaid inspired one!
What’s on your April To Do List?