For me, the Oliver Bonas Press Days are the highlight of press season for me. It’s one of my favourite brands, I love the team, their ethos and the products they create, so it’s always a pleasure to head to their Eastcastle Street showroom, catch up with the team and see what they’ve got coming out!
Last week I popped in to check out their SS17 collection and MY OH MY. There were so many beautiful pieces, I thought I’d round up my favourites for you today, so you can get saving for their arrival in stores!
- All the navy midi skirts. It seems that 2017 will be the year of the navy blue calf skimming skirt! I’ve fallen in love with both this dark blue a-line midi with a front tie detail, and the simple navy belted shift dress, both with a dreamy pocket situation. If I a skirt has pockets, you can guarantee I’ll buy it. I love this length of skirt, I think it’s flattering on everyone, and both this skirt + dress hang so beautifully!
2. Mixed material necklaces. I love statement necklaces, I wear a lot of plain knitwear, so I’m always looking for pretty jewelry to jazz it up. I honestly think there’s no one quite like Oliver Bonas for jewelry, they have so many different and unique pieces, they’re one of my favourites! I loved this necklace made with resin, metal + two different types of rope, and I love the look of the knotted rope!
3. The leather backpack. HAVE YOU EVER SEEN ANYTHING SO PRETTY. You can also get this in a pretty blush colour, but I’ve been after a black backpack for the longest time! I love the shape of this, it’s the perfect size to use as a handbag, and not too deep that you can’t find things in it, and I love how simple the cut is. I’m so excited to grab this! There are a lot of stellar bags in the S/S releases, and the Oliver Bonas team have been working in more real leather pieces, so you’re going to have even better quality products that’ll hang around for a while.
4. Copper and black rubber bangle. Remember what I was saying about Oliver Bonas having really unique jewelry? YEAH, THAT. I just love this, it’s a beautiful, simple design, and super lightweight too. Oliver Bonas recently hired a new jewelry designer and she’s seriously kicking butt!
5. Sunglasses. Oliver Bonas have upped their sunglasses game this year, releasing more of their own designs, as well as a collection made with more premium materials. I love these simple Rose Quartz and silver frames, as well as the pink tortoiseshell ones! I’m super excited to pick up some of these, they’re a similar price point to Quay sunglasses, and I’ve had two pairs of those that have let me down in terms of quality. These feel much thicker, sturdier + better quality, so I’m looking forward to these dropping into stores!
6. The exaggerated cold shoulder shirt. One of the designers at the press day was wearing this top and I just fell in love. I’m not usually a fan of cold shoulders, I think they can look a little odd, but with this shirt I think the tie fix that! I also love the pattern on this fabric, it’s simple but still pretty! I feel like this is one of those tops you can just chuck on with a pair of jeans + boots and instantly feel put together!
7. Pretty pink sandals. Exciting announcement – Oliver Bonas are bringing out shoes! I’m so excited about this and they’ve really got it spot on first time around! There are three or four pairs I loved, but it’s these pink leather sandals that will definitely be coming home with me! The shoes will be available in larger stores in limited stock, or online, so keep your eyes peeled!
So those are my top picks, they’ll be trickling into stores from march! Big thanks again to the team at Oliver Bonas for having me!