- Right. I need to go to IKEA. This is fine. I’ll go in the week. I have a list. It won’t be stressful at all.
- I only need three things. I know where they all are. We can be in and out in 30 minutes.
- It’s a Tuesday at 3pm, how is it possible that there are no parking spaces?! Don’t all these people have places to be?
- I only need three things, but I’d better grab a giant yellow bag. I don’t have three hands.
- Ooh look, they redid the mini fake apartments! I better go look round them and pretend I live in them.
- Okay focus. Find what you need. Shelves, storage boxes, ziplock bags.
- Why are there so many pregnant people in IKEA?! Do you have to be pregnant to go to IKEA?! Everyone here is pregnant. AM I PREGNANT?!
- Why has everything moved?! Now I have to walk round the whole store.
- This is stressing me out, I’d better take a meatball break.
- How many meatballs do I normally order?! Ten, fifteen, or twenty?! Better get fifteen to be safe.
- I totally can’t eat fifteen meatballs. I’ve eaten eight. Maybe if I break a few up it’ll look like I ate more.
- Okay I’m so full but it would be such a shame not to have a piece of Daim cake wouldn’t it?
- Aaaaand I’ve wasted thirty minutes eating. Best get back to it.
- There should be a rule banning children from IKEA. I’ve already accidentally hit three round the head with my big yellow bag. And they’re so loud.
- Okay okay, I found the marketplace. Has it always been this big?
- Surely this corkboard isn’s actually called Vaggis.
- Oooh kitchen tools. I think I need an apple slicer, what have I been using to slice apples all this time?!
- GLASSES WITH FLAMINGOS THEY HAVE GLASSES WITH FLAMINGOS THIS IS NOT A DRILL.
- I should probably pick up some more Tupperware. You know. Since I’m here.
- Okay Jaye get back on track.
- OOOH CUSHIONS.
- Okay storage, I need that!
- I can’t remember what size boxes I needed so I’ll just get some in every size.
- I should stock up on candles. You never know when you’ll have a power cut.
- How many candles are too many candles?
- I should get plants. Plants are good for you.
- Okay, checkout time, which queue looks the shortest?
- I picked the longest queue. It’s not moving at all.
- IM GOING TO DIE IN THIS QUEUE.
- I’ve been in this queue for so long I need a snack now. I’m going to buy a hot dog and try not to think about where the meat is from.
- AND A DOUGHNUT.
- Oh the food shop. Best stock up on meatball gravy and tiny cinnamon rolls.
- HOW DID I SPEND TWO HUNDRED POUNDS?! I ONLY NEEDED THREE THINGS.
- Okay let’s just get this in the car and get out of here.
- Shit I forgot the ziplock bags.
It’s been a while since I’ve gotten particularly spendy at the drugstore, I feel like good budget friendly new releases are few and far between these days. It seems like twice a year my regular wander down the aisles of Boots and Superdrug will turn up a few gems, but the rest of the time my beauty spending seems to be more splurgy. With that in mind, since I picked up a few bits recently and I thought I’d share them with you, since drugstore hauls are becoming few and far between! I also filmed my first impressions of a few of these bits, which you can find at the bottom of the post!
It’s been four months since we moved into our new flat and our bedroom finally seems to be coming together! Sure, we haven’t actually hung our mirror on the wall yet, and I still need to get a blind made for the window but it’s mostly there, and it’s such a cosy relaxing space, I love spending time in here! I thought it was about time I showed you around, and I also want to share a few tips on creating a relaxing sleep space!
Can you believe we’re halfway through October already?! I for one am not sure where 2017 went (although I suspect I lost most of it under a haze of anaesthetic and hospital appointments) and the fact that we only have two and a half months left is nothing short of terrifying. The good news is I’m done with treatments and tests for the year (except for perhaps the odd blood test here and there) so hopefully I should only feel better as the weeks go on! With that in mind, I wanted to set some goals to see me through the rest of the year, in the hope it makes me feel like I’ve done something in 2017 other than be ill!
There’s no denying the arrival of autumn anymore, the nights are drawing in, the weather’s taken a turn for the dark and moody, and I’ve got my SAD lamp switched on every day at work. It means that in the evenings after work I’m less inclined to go out an about than I am to snuggle up on the sofa and binge watch a new series on Netflix – and I’m sure I’m not the only one! With that in mind I wanted to share my favourite binge-worthy series on Netflix, so you can while away the autumn nights in a cosy fashion too!
It’s the most wonderful time of year – the time when the Lush Halloween Christmas range drops into stores. I feel like I’ve been ready for this since January, I always think Lush really shines when it comes to it’s Autumn/Winter product drop. Of course, I had to pop into store, have a play with a new products, and today I’m rounding up my top picks for you, to help you navigate the rather hefty new release list.
Happy Monday one and all, and welcome back to my little corner of the internet. I apologise for the week off, I went into hospital for surgery at the end of September and it took a little longer to recover than I originally anticipated! I thought I was being super organised by queuing content up but it turns out I didn’t queue enough! Ah well, a little break never did any harm.
I wish I could say I’m back at work with vigour and enthusiasm, but the truth is I’m still feeling tired and sore, and fed up that I feel that way! I think I’ll certainly be taking it easy for the next few weeks, hopefully I’ll be on the mend before the little weekend away we have booked at the beginning of November!
So I thought I’d ease back into things with a happy things post, I love writing these when I’m feeling a little low, they really add a bit of pep into my day!
Having spent most of September cooped up in bed, getting over a nasty infection in my scar tissue and then another surgery, I couldn’t be more excited for October. October is peak autumn goals, it’s still not bitterly cold, the leaves are in full glory, and pumpkin spice rules in every direction. My October calendar is filling up fast, not least with doctors appointments but also with yoga classes, catch ups with friends and suitably festive activities! I’m pretty excited for the new month, and this is what my October To Do List looks like.
Rounding up my beauty favourites this month has been fairly straightforward, since I’ve pretty much been using the same products all month. Instead of rambling on about my whole makeup routine, I thought I’d pick out the five standout products, which happen to be two skincare bits and three makeup pieces! Don’t you just love it when things are simple…